Math is a basic skill in life and its applications are strewn all over the walks of life. Doing Math with seriousness is an important aspect of successful education and it needs planning right from one’s childhood. Below are the top 5 reasons why you need to teach Math to your kids.
1. Gathering problem solving skills – The “Problems” are the lifeline of Math. When students solve Math problems in its various branches, they gather abilities to organize information, rearrange the information and test hypotheses.
2. Learning to live smarter – There are various occasions in life where one has to use his mathematical abilities. Calculating the tip in a restaurant, checking the warranty of a product, smart driving without wasting time and fuel, buying grocery in a shop and business deals are occasions where one uses his mathematical knowledge to make proper decisions.
3. Gate keeper subject for other academic subjects – Math is the gateway for Science subjects like Physics and Engineering. Without Math abilities, accomplishment in higher studies is out of the question.
4. Wide scope for different careers- Right from computer programmers to tradesmen and doctors, people need mathematical knowledge in their respective fields. A fundamental knowledge in Math paves way for successful career prospects.
5. Proving smarter in work places – Math deals with analytical capabilities, structure and organizational skills. Any employer expects his employee to face challenging situations in the workplace with an analytical brain and give a solution to the situation. Math skills shape a person’s analytical abilities to a great extent.
Info Trivia Resource: http://mathnasium.ae